7 Mile House 'Adobo CookOff for a cause'!
June 10, 2017, 11am-1pm
TO BENEFIT salupongan international READ PROGRAM in the Philippines
On June 10, 2017 the 7 Mile House Famous Pork Adobo will be challenged by five other adobo recipes nominated by YOU, our customers, for the first annual "7 Mile House Adobo Cook Off"!
Do you or someone you know make a killer adobo worthy of competing against our own dish? Nominate yourself or someone you know in the form below for a chance to beat the best adobo in the Bay Area!
There's a only a limited amount of tickets so click here and buy now!
- Includes ALL YOU CAN DRINK San Miguel Beer
- ALL YOU CAN EAT Jasmine Rice
- Tastings of each adobo entry, including 7 Mile's!
- One vote for your favorite adobo!
TICKETS NOW ON SALE!
PRIZES for the adobo cookoff winner
Party for 6 People at 7 Mile House ($200 value)
2 Tickets to San Francisco Bay Cruises Adventure
2 Tickets to Rocketboat Adventure
A commemorative plaque from 7 Mile House
Bragging rights for one year as 7 Mile's Adobo Cookoff Winner!
DATES TO REMEMBER:
May 17, 2017, 11pm - Deadline for Nominations
May 20, 2017, 11am-12pm - Bring us a sample of your adobo good for 5 people for consideration.
May 22, 2017, 5pm - We announce the finalists for the Adobo Cookoff Competition
June 10, 2017, 11am-1pm - Adobo Cookoff! *With music by DJ Delrockz!
1) Must be nominated by May 17th, 2017.
2) Adobo may be any style with any meat or seafood. Does not need to be traditional. Fusion recipes accepted!
3) Must bring a sample of your dish between 11am and noon on May 20th for consideration. You may place in tupperware, good for 5 people. No need to plate it (unless you want to of course)! No rice needed.
4) We will announce the finalists by 5pm on May 22nd via email to the contestants then via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram by 6pm.
5) June 10 11am - 1pm Contest Time! Set up by 10:30am in the provided outdoor space with a tent and 6 foot table. Be prepared to serve 200 small servings. Contestants will be given a $50 stipend to help with the cost of your dish.
6) Winner will be announced right after the ballots are counted!
ADOBO COOKOFF NOMINATION FORM
All proceeds from the event will benefit Salupongan International (SI), and help provide educational tools and supplies to Salupongan's READ (Right to Education, Autonomy and Dignity) Program. They are a grassroots organization inspired by the aspirations of the Manobo Talaingod tribe; who united their villages and defended their ancestral land and rainforest from being destroyed by corporate loggers decades ago in the Southern Mindanao Region of the Philippines. Today, they continue to protect their ancestral land, educate their children and empower their communities in the spirit and legacy of Salupongan Ta’ Tanu Igkanugon “Unity in Defense of Ancestral Land”.