7 MILE HOUSE ADOBO COOKOFF 2018!
TO BENEFIT ST. PAUL OF THE SHIPWRECK CHURCH
On July 14, 2018 the 7 Mile House Famous Pork Adobo will be challenged by other adobo recipes nominated by YOU, our customers, for the second annual "7 Mile House Adobo Cook Off"!
Do you or someone you know make a killer adobo worthy of competing against our own dish? Nominate yourself or someone you know in the form below for a chance to beat the best adobo in the Bay Area!
Last year, all proceeds from the event benefited Salupongan International (SI), and helped provide educational tools and supplies to Salupongan's READ (Right to Education, Autonomy and Dignity) Program.
This year the Adobo Cookoff 2018 will benefit St. Paul of the Shipwreck Church just around the corner from us!
TICKETS GO ON SALE JUNE 25!
- Includes ALL YOU CAN DRINK San Miguel Beer
- ALL YOU CAN EAT Jasmine Rice
- Tastings of each adobo entry, including 7 Mile's!
- One vote for your favorite adobo!
PRIZES for the adobo cookoff winner
DATES TO REMEMBER:
- June 16 @ midnight - Nominations end
- June 23, 11am to 1pm - drop off your adobo sample
- June 25, 5pm - We announce the finalists for the Adobo Cookoff Competition
- July 14, 2018, 12-2pm - Adobo Cookoff!
1) Must be nominated by June 16, 2018.
2) Adobo may be any style with any meat or seafood. Does not need to be traditional. Fusion recipes accepted!
3) Must bring a sample of your dish between 12-2pm on June 23rd for consideration. You may place in tupperware, good for 5 people. No need to plate it (unless you want to of course)! No rice needed.
4) We will announce the finalists by 5pm on June 30th via email to the contestants then via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram by 6pm.
5) July 14, 11am - 1pm Contest Time! Set up by 10:30am in the provided outdoor space with a tent and 6 foot table. Be prepared to serve 200 small servings. Contestants will be given a $50 stipend to help with the cost of your dish.
6) Winner will be announced right after the ballots are counted!