7 Mile House Announces ‘4th Annual Cow Palace Burger Eating Challenge’ Winner To Be Crowned At Cow Palace Grand National Rodeo, Plus 1 Year Supply of Cow Palace Burger
It's that time of the year when the Grand National Rodeo comes to town, and that means we're putting YOU to the test to compete in our 4th Annual Cow Palace Burger Eating Challenge! Last year we crowned Sean O'Neil as the "Cow Palace Burger King". Who will defeat him this year?
In partnership with the Cow Palace Arena & Event Center, and The 77th Annual Grand National Rodeo. People may participate by dining in at 7 Mile House and ordering the Cow Palace Burger; those who finish the entire burger (see contest rules), will receive one ticket to the Grand National Rodeo and be invited to compete in the semi-finals taking place at 7 Mile House, on Oct. 11. The fastest five winners from the semi-finals will compete in the finals for the crown of ‘Cow Palace Burger King’ on October 20, 2018 at the Grand National Rodeo.
The crowned winner will receive a one-year supply of Cow Palace Burgers and bragging rights for the entire year.
What is The Cow Palace Burger?
“The Cow Palace Burger meal consists of a double Angus patty, onion rings, bacon, sautéed onions, tomato, lettuce, mayo with BBQ sauce and a side of fries, and was added to our menu about four years ago in honor of the iconic arena and event center. Customers often reminisce about the circus and livestock animals parading up Geneva avenue, beginning across the street from the restaurant, up to the Cow Palace Arena”. Although the parade of animals no longer takes place, we’re neighbors and our connection to the Cow Palace is undeniable”, shares owner, Vanessa Garcia. “Since we added the Cow Palace Burger to our menu, it was featured on Destination America's ‘United States of Bacon’ show, and has become one of our most popular items to order.” The semi-finals event will take place on October 11.
Contest Rules for Preliminary Round (Sept. 14th to Oct. 10th)
- Come in anytime between Sept 14th through Oct. 10th and order a Cow Palace Burger.
- You may request to omit mayonnaise and BBQ sauce, nothing else. Any additions are ok. Upgrades to garlic fries, sweet potato fries or onion rings are ok but not salad
- No sharing. Only one person must eat the Cow Palace Burger.
- No time limit.
- Take a "before" photo of yourself and your burger before eating it.
- Must post 2 photos of yourself (before and after with your empty plate) on any social media and tag us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Use #cowpalaceburgerking #cowpalaceburgerchallenge #7milehouse
- If you finish the burger and fries you receive a ticket to the Grand National Rodeo at the Cow Palace.
- Give us your information so we may contact you regarding the Semis and Finals.
- You are a automatically entered into the semifinals on Oct. 11 2018 at 8pm at 7 Mile House, which will give you a chance to go to the finals on Oct. 20 at the Cow Palace
- 5 fastest contestants will go to the Finals
Contest Rules for Semi-Finals on Oct. 11
- Arrive at 7pm to register
- Order and pay for your Cow Palace Burger
- Contest starts at 8pm
- 5 fastest contestants get a chance to go to the Finals on stage at the Cow Palace on Oct. 20th
Contest Rules for Finals on Oct. 20 @ 5 pm
- Arrive at 5pm. Contest is 6pm.
- Fastest one to eat one Cow Palace Burger and Fries wins one year supply of Cow Palace burgers!
- Winner gets:
-- one year supply of Cow Palace Burgers
--- one per day
--- dine in only
--- add cheese ok. Other upgrades are additions to be charged.
--- no sharing
-- Plaque & photo of winner to be posted on 7 Mile House wall
-- A chance to compete in the 2018 Cow Palace Burger Eating Contest
Are You Up For The Challenge?!
About 7 Mile House
Established in 1853, the historic 7 Mile House is a family and dog-friendly restaurant, sports bar, and live music venue, serving up a unique mix of homestyle Italian/American/Filipino food. Located in the San Francisco/Bay Area for over 160 years, 7 Mile House is the only mile house left standing in its original location; and has a colorful history from its rebel days in the 1800s, to a trucker/biker hangout, and an infamous sports gambling joint in the 80s. Today, they are the most popular restaurant and bar in the neighborhood boasting great food, drinks, sports via satellite and live entertainment every single night. www.7milehouse.com #cowpalaceburgerking #7milehouse
About the Cow Palace Arena & Event Center
The Cow Palace Arena & Event Center serves as a venue for a variety of events including concerts, festivals, exhibitions, consumer shows, trade shows and sports; as well as a variety of community, religious and charitable events. Now celebrating their 77th year anniversary, the Cow Palace continues to serve the needs of the San Francisco Bay Area, and the State of California. Home of the Grand National Livestock Expo, Horse Show, and Rodeo. www.cowpalace.com
About the Grand National Rodeo
The Cow Palace was created in 1941 as the 1-A District Agricultural Association, and as part of its mission produces the annual ‘Grand National Livestock Exposition, Horse Show and Rodeo’. It is the West’s most prestigious western lifestyle event attracting thousands of participants and fans from seven western states. This year, the Grand National Livestock Expositions, Horse Show, and Rodeo takes place over two weekends, October 1415 and 2122. The livestock expo, horse show, and western marketplace are FREE to attend for the general public, while tickets to the Grand National Rodeo show can be purchased online at www.cowpalace.com.