The semi-finals event will take place on October 13 at 7:30pm. A rodeo themed night will also double as the opening night party for the Grand National Livestock Expo, Horse Show, and Rodeo which takes place from October 14-15, and 21-22. Miss Grand National Rodeo, and mustang trainer extraordinaire, Bobby Kerr, will be at 7 Mile House for a meet and greet; and a country music band will be providing live entertainment. Brisbane Mayor Pro Tem, Lori Liu, will be presenting the Cow Palace with a 75 year proclamation at 6:30pm.
The five winners will then compete in the finals taking place the following weekend, on Saturday, October 22nd, 2016, at 6pm. The finalists will be challenged on stage at the Grand National Livestock Expo’s Western Marketplace. Both events are free to attend.
For more information about the Cow Palace Burger eating challenge rules and event details, visit www.7milehouse.com/cowpalaceburgerking. For more information about the Cow Palace and The Grand National Rodeo visit www.cowpalace.com.
RULES TO GET INTO SEMIFINALS on Oct 13
- Must finish the burger AND fries.
- You may request to omit mayonnaise and BBQ sauce, nothing else. Any additions are fine. Upgrades to garlic fries, sweet potato fries or onion rings are ok but not salad
- No sharing. Only one person must eat the Cow Palace Burger.
- No time limit
- Must post photo of contestant and empty plate on any social media and tag us on FB/IG or Twitter. Use #cowpalaceburgerking #cowpalaceburgerchallenge #7milehouse
- If you finish the burger and fries you receive a ticket to the Grand National Rodeo at the Cow Palace to enter anytime on one of these dates: Oct. 14, 15, 21, 22
- One rodeo ticket per person, per year
- You are invited to join the semifinals on Oct. 13 2016 at 8pm at 7 Mile House, which will give you a chance to go to the finals on Oct. 22 at the Cow Palace
- 5 fastest contestants will go to the Finals
RULES FOR FINALS on Oct. 22
- Fastest one to eat one Cow Palace Burger and Fries wins
- Winner gets:
-- one year supply of Cow Palace Burgers
--- one per day
--- dine in only
--- add cheese ok. Other upgrades are additions to be charged.
--- no sharing
-- Cowboy hat with crown that says "Cow Palace Burger King"
-- Plaque & photo of winner to be posted on 7 Mile House wall
-- A chance to compete in the 2017 Cow Palace Burger Eating Contest